Hey, everybody. It’s Tuesday in Charlotte and I’m back in your inbox to get you caught up on the most important things happening in our community today. Because community news matters!
First, today’s weather:
A strong afternoon t-storm. High: 91 Low: 75.
Shoutout to our premier local sponsor:
Concerned about the moisture or mold problems in your crawl space or basement? HydroHelp911 can inspect your crawlspace, basement, and foundation for damages caused by moisture and mold. With many years of experience in crawl space encapsulation, basement waterproofing, and foundation repairs, HydroHelp911 is the local expert you can count on and trust. Contact them at 704-228-4433 to schedule a free inspection today!
Click here to get your business featured in this spot.
Here are the top four stories in Charlotte today:
- Do you want to know about the daily life of a firefighter? SIGN UP NOW for the FREE Citizen Fire Academy. The program is for people with a desire to learn more about the daily lives of professional firefighters. (Charlotte Fire Department, Charlotte NC via Facebook)
- Local Jobs: See Who’s Hiring In The Charlotte Area (Charlotte Patch)
- Adventure. Experiential Education. Whatever you call it, our Outdoor Recreation Specialists are all about skill building and immersion in the great outdoors. (Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation Nature Centers via Facebook)
- Thank you Helping Hands Ministry at Polar Tent Presbyterian Church who always makes sure our families are warm and feel right at home! Sandy’s group regularly donates handmade gift blankets and have been doing so for years! (Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Charlotte via Facebook)
- Friday fun day! Just reminiscing on our Great Day of D.E.A.R. (Drop Everything and Read) and how much our scholars enjoyed volunteers from numerous organizations coming out to spend time with them. (Charlotte Freedom School Partners via Facebook)
- Code Tip: The Parking on the Front Lawn Ordinance prohibits parking vehicles in front yards as well as side yards of corner lots, except on improved driveways or parking pads. (City of Charlotte Housing & Neighborhood Services via Facebook)
- Thank you all for your #shopforgood support. It feels like the holidays here with so many wonderful boxes. We are grateful for you and the opportunity to create Courage Kits. (Brave Step via Facebook)
- The hot dog man is back! He is beside the Dollar Tree on Albemarle Road near Target. He will be here Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Nextdoor)
- I am in search of someone who can repair my A/C at a reasonable price. (Nextdoor)
- I live on Bonaire Drive in Enderly Park. My indoor/outdoor cat is missing. He comes home each night but did not last night and we haven’t seen him since. If you see him, please call 740-591-7199. (Nextdoor)
- This dog showed up to my house. Anyone know who’s dog this is? I had to leave but I left him in my backyard 9701 Kenneth Oren Drive. He has plenty of water and shade. (Nextdoor)
- My garbage disposal has stopped working. I need reasonable help! (Nextdoor)
- I want to thank everybody who prayed for my Sugar returning home. She’s safe and she is in good health. She was three houses down from my house. (Nextdoor)
- I’m looking for a manual wheelchair. I don’t have much money, so I can’t really afford to buy one. But I really need one to go places. I am disabled and it’s hard for me to walk. (Nextdoor)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Alrighty, you’re all caught up for today. I’ll see you soon!
— Alexis Goring
About me: My name is Alexis A. Goring. I’m an East Coast Girl with a pulse for people, news and feature stories! I’ve worked as a freelance writer/editor/proofreader in the media industry for 15 years. I’m also a published author, experienced blogger, and founder of Writer at Heart Editorial Services. Visit my website for more details about me and my work. Here’s the link: https://alexisagoring.jimdofree.com.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Charlotte Daily? Contact me at email@example.com