Hi all. It’s me, Alexis Goring, your host of the Charlotte Daily — here to tell you all the most important things happening in town. Today’s briefing includes…
- “Sober October” challenges people to stop drinking alcohol
- Leaf-peeping while viewing fall foliage in the North Carolina mountains
- Local and nearby pumpkin patches for adults and kids to enjoy
But first, today’s weather:
Mainly cloudy. High: 68 Low: 45.
🏡 Attention, real estate pros in Charlotte! We’re now offering an exclusive sponsorship opportunity for an agent interested in attracting local clients and standing apart from the competition. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top five stories today in Charlotte:
- REMINDER: October 5 is a teacher workday for CMS and there is no school for students. (Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools via Facebook)
- Our goal is to empower adults impacted by sexual violence and welcome them into our community. Kinship is leveraging the power of unlikely relationships to create unimaginable outcomes. (Brave Step via Facebook)
- Anyone know of a good cable and Internet service? (Nextdoor)
- I just moved to the Ballantyne East / Waverly area and T-Mobile home and AT&T internet are not available in this area. What service provider is preferred in my location? (Nextdoor)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to start this Monday off right! I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow with a new update.
— Alexis Goring
About me: My name is Alexis A. Goring. I’m an East Coast Girl with a pulse for people, news and feature stories! I’ve worked as a freelance writer/editor/proofreader in the media industry for 15 years. I’m also a published author, experienced blogger, and founder of Writer at Heart Editorial Services. Visit my website for more details about me and my work. Here’s the link: https://alexisagoring.jimdofree.com.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Charlotte Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org