Good morning, Charlotte! I’m back with your new copy of the Charlotte Daily, fresh off the presses. Here’s all the local news you need to know right now.
📣 Our readers love to celebrate good news! You can now shout out your big announcement at the top of the Charlotte Daily newsletter. Whether it’s a grand opening, new product for sale, birthday, anniversary, engagement, wedding or new baby, let everyone celebrate alongside you! Submit your announcement here.
Now, today’s weather:
A thunderstorm around. High: 92 Low: 72.
Here are the top four stories in Charlotte today:
- MISSING CAT! We live in Huntersville, Cedarfield neighborhood. Our cat was let outside by a babysitter this morning and she has not returned. She is an inside cat and never goes outside. She is microchipped. (CMPD Animal Care and Control via Facebook)
- A new partnership between the city of Charlotte and Central Piedmont Community College will invest in current city employees and the next generation of public servants. (City of Charlotte Government via Facebook)
- The city of Charlotte held more than 50 block parties on Tuesday to celebrate National Night Out 2022. It gave the men and women of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department a chance to interact and fellowship with community members. (Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department via Facebook)
- Our community? We love it. We’ve been all over Mecklenburg County this summer encouraging learning, literacy and positive outcomes for all. What’s been your favorite moment with CMLibrary so far? (Charlotte Mecklenburg Library via Facebook)
- Did you know that McDonald’s has been listed on Human Rights Campaign’s list of “Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality” for seven consecutive years? (Charlotte Pride via Facebook)
- Crown Fence did the job of putting in our fence very quickly and professionally. Highly recommended! (Nextdoor)
- Did anyone lose their husky pup? He wandered into our back deck last night and I didn’t want to leave him out. If he belongs to you, please contact me! (Nextdoor)
- I have a puppy that we can’t keep because of family issues like working all day and can’t take care of him. I would like my puppy to have a home with an owner who will love and care for him. (Nextdoor)
- My 11-year-old daughter wants a puppy! Where can I get one? Can somebody point me in the right direction? I’ll appreciate it. (Nextdoor)
That’s it for today! I’ll see you soon.
— Alexis Goring
About me: My name is Alexis A. Goring. I’m an East Coast Girl with a pulse for people, news and feature stories! I’ve worked as a freelance writer/editor/proofreader in the media industry for 15 years. I’m also a published author, experienced blogger, and founder of Writer at Heart Editorial Services. Visit my website for more details about me and my work. Here’s the link: https://alexisagoring.jimdofree.com.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Charlotte Daily? Contact me at email@example.com