Good morning, hello! I’m back with your fresh edition of the Charlotte Daily, fresh off the presses. Here are all the most important things to know about what’s happening locally.
📣 Our readers love to celebrate good news! You can now shout out your big announcement at the top of the Charlotte Daily newsletter. Whether it’s a grand opening, new product for sale, birthday, anniversary, engagement, wedding or new baby, let everyone celebrate alongside you! Submit your announcement here.
First, today’s weather:
A t-storm around in the p.m.. High: 85 Low: 71.
Here are the top four stories today in Charlotte:
- Grab your friends and get ready to head to the Charlotte Pride Main Stage, presented by Truist! The Charlotte Pride party will be rocking and rolling all weekend long, with nearly 15 hours of entertainment on the Main Stage! (Charlotte Pride via Facebook)
- The CMS International Center supports multilingual students and families so they can find all the resources needed to enroll in CMS and start a successful life in a new community. https://bit.ly/3CbFPca (Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools via Facebook)
- We’re happy to announce that the Charlotte Symphony Board of Directors has ratified a new two-year contract with the musicians of the CSO! Read about the key points in the new contract in The Charlotte Observer below. (Charlotte Symphony via Facebook)
- Come see us at SouthPark Mall TOMORROW from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.! We’re inside the Cheesecake Factory entrance, first store on the left (same wing as Starbucks). We’re bringing 10 dogs and 11 kittens! Fees are waived with a donation. (CMPD Animal Care and Control via Facebook)
- It’s been a full week of back-to-school shopping as Classroom Central reopened all of our programs and nearly 500 teachers shopped for free supplies! This school year, teachers have tons of options for shopping: Mobile Free Store Mondays…(Classroom Central via Facebook)
- No hard knocks here! The youth cast of “Annie” has been rehearsing all week, and, yes, that includes DOG TRAINING! We have two Annies in two youth casts preparing for one spectacular show! #Annie #ChildrenTheatre (Children’s Theatre of Charlotte via Facebook)
- Whether you are a parent, caregiver, or ally of a toddler up to a teenager, having brave and honest conversations with those you care about is a critical step in preventing sexual violence. (Brave Step via Facebook)
- Stop by the McDonald’s of the Greater Carolinas tent during Charlotte Pride for a free Sweet Tea and other McDonald’s menu faves. The McDonald’s team will be accepting tips and donations. (Charlotte Pride via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Alrighty, you’re all caught up for today! See you tomorrow for your next update.
— Alexis Goring
About me: My name is Alexis A. Goring. I’m an East Coast Girl with a pulse for people, news and feature stories! I’ve worked as a freelance writer/editor/proofreader in the media industry for 15 years. I’m also a published author, experienced blogger, and founder of Writer at Heart Editorial Services. Visit my website for more details about me and my work. Here’s the link: https://alexisagoring.jimdofree.com.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Charlotte Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org