Hey, friends! It’s Thursday in Charlotte and I’m back in your inbox to get you caught up on all the most important things happening in town. Hope you all have a great day.I’ll get right to it.
First, today’s weather:
Partly sunny and less humid. High: 88 Low: 64.
Here’s to the wonderful local business who sponsors this newsletter. Check out what they can do for you:
Concerned about the moisture or mold problems in your crawl space or basement? HydroHelp911 can inspect your crawlspace, basement, and foundation for damages caused by moisture and mold. With many years of experience in crawl space encapsulation, basement waterproofing, and foundation repairs, HydroHelp911 is the local expert you can count on and trust. Contact them at 704-228-4433 to schedule a free inspection today!
Click here to get your business featured in this spot.
Here are the top five stories in Charlotte today:
- FEEDBACK NEEDED: Charlotte City Council is considering a new, updated contract between the City of Charlotte and the @hornets that would renovate @spectrumcenter and extend the Hornets’ lease of the building through 2045. (City of Charlotte Government via Facebook)
- We’re hiring for two positions on the new Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department Community Assisted, Response, Engage and Support (CARES) team. (City of Charlotte Government via Facebook)
- Congrats Champs! Providence High finished an undefeated baseball season 34-0 to claim the NCHSAA 4A State Championship! This season’s record breaks the state record for wins marked by East Rutherford 18 years ago. (Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools via Facebook)
- Swing Into Summer with your CSO! Our Summer Pops series at Symphony Park kicks off this Sunday, June 12, with a tribute to the big band era. Only a few pods remaining! Secure yours today. (Charlotte Symphony via Facebook)
- Our next clinic is this Saturday! Special thanks to Petco Love #petcolovepartner, Merck and Maddie’s Fund for funding free rabies, microchips and core shots. The extra shots are while supplies last. (CMPD Animal Care and Control via Facebook)
- Come meet adoptable dogs and pick up trash at the same time at Cordelia Park on Saturday. Sign up at https://keepcharlottebeautiful… (CMPD Animal Care and Control via Facebook)
- NEW BUISNESS ALERT: maddash.food, the popular chef-driven food truck by Chef Corey Jones, is now open inside @themarketat7thst! (Charlotte Center City via Facebook)
- Summer Break is officially here! Join us in celebrating at University City Regional Library for our Summer Break kickoff week from June 13-17. Then on June 16 at noon, join us at University City Library for a day full of fun! (Charlotte Mecklenburg Library via Facebook)
- We are in URGENT need of volunteer meal teams, especially for dinner and weekends. Visit our #Amazon link in our bio to help or drop off our tangible donations at the House 7 days a week between 8 & 8. (Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Charlotte via Facebook)
- I found a small bunny who was tossed around by a cat. He can’t sit up or hop. I have contacted three local rescue organizations and they aren’t responding or able to help. He’s still alive this morning and I’m looking for help. (Nextdoor)
- Both our cars got keyed last night from headlight to taillight. Our Ring caught nothing. We called the police but wondering if we are the only ones? (Nextdoor)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Taxes in Retirement Seminar – AM & PM! (June 14)
- Co-Parenting & Summer Vacation – Vesta’s Charlotte, NC Hub (June 15)
- Hire A Pro To Clean Up The Yard For Dad (June 19)
- Add your event
You’re officially in the loop for today! I’ll see you soon.
— Alexis Goring
About me: My name is Alexis A. Goring. I’m an East Coast Girl with a pulse for people, news and feature stories! I’ve worked as a freelance writer/editor/proofreader in the media industry for 15 years. I’m also a published author, experienced blogger, and founder of Writer at Heart Editorial Services. Visit my website for more details about me and my work. Here’s the link: https://alexisagoring.jimdofree.com.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Charlotte Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org