Hey, Charlotte. I’m here in your inbox today to get you caught up on everything you need to know about what’s going on around town. Let’s do it.
First, today’s weather:
A thunderstorm around. High: 95 Low: 75.
Check out what our local sponsor can do for you:
Concerned about the moisture or mold problems in your crawl space or basement? HydroHelp911 can inspect your crawlspace, basement, and foundation for damages caused by moisture and mold. With many years of experience in crawl space encapsulation, basement waterproofing, and foundation repairs, HydroHelp911 is the local expert you can count on and trust. Contact them at 704-228-4433 to schedule a free inspection today!
Click here to get your business featured in this spot.
Here are the top five stories today in Charlotte:
- LOST DOG: Our dog Cooper got out of our yard around 9:30 p.m. from 4614 Brooktree Drive. He is chipped and it is registered. He is a brown Lab mix and has an apple tag with blue casing. Contact (980) 800-1104 or 301-512-8990. (CMPD Animal Care and Control via Facebook)
- Grammy Award-winning pop artist DAYA will headline this year’s Charlotte Pride Festival, with opening entertainment from Siena Liggins, on the Charlotte Pride Main Stage, presented by Truist. (Charlotte Pride via Facebook)
- In DA Spencer Merriweather’s July newsletter, learn more about the bond process and DA Merriweather’s reform efforts, find information about recent court proceedings, and more. Read the newsletter at https://bit.ly/3cNqAeE. (Charlotte-Mecklenburg District Attorney’s Office via Facebook)
- CMS is hosting a job fair with openings in transportation, school nutrition, warehouse services, maintenance and custodial services, after-school care and school crossing guards. (Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools via Facebook)
- Sign up for the last destination of “Career Cruise” on 8/2. In this last session you will have a chance to learn from seasoned “travelers”. (City of Charlotte Housing & Neighborhood Services via Facebook)
- Adorable cat found in Ballantyne at Estates of Ballantyne. He had an injury on his back leg. I took him to the vet and got antibiotic and pain med shots and flea medication. He doesn’t have a microchip. (Nextdoor)
- Dog seen running loose in Turtle Rock. I have seen this same dog running around by himself on multiple occasions. (Nextdoor)
- I need a local lawn care/mowing service ASAP! Any suggestions? (Nextdoor)
- Is this your dog? Looks like it got hit by a car. It’s still alive. Animal Control just picked him or her up. (Nextdoor)
- There is a stray cat in my neighborhood that’s being fed. We also have lots of new kittens, who love to gather in my backyard at night. I am highly allergic and want to enjoy my outdoor space. I could use your advice. (Nextdoor)
- Urgent: I need branch removal. It’s huge and will take more than what my boyfriend and I can do. Need it done asap. There’s so many mosquito back there that we can’t let the dogs out without being attacked! Willing to pay some one to help me. (Nextdoor)
- There is a little white dog. Looks like well groomed Maltese. Tried to get it to come to me but ran away. This is a very busy street on Rocky River Road. Are you missing your dog? (Nextdoor)
- I’m fostering Phillys until Friday and then she needs to go back to the shelter but maybe I can help to find her a forever home. She’s the sweetest girl who is house-trained, very smart and knows a lot of commands. (Nextdoor)
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Thursday! I’ll see you soon.
— Alexis Goring
About me: My name is Alexis A. Goring. I’m an East Coast Girl with a pulse for people, news and feature stories! I’ve worked as a freelance writer/editor/proofreader in the media industry for 15 years. I’m also a published author, experienced blogger, and founder of Writer at Heart Editorial Services. Visit my website for more details about me and my work. Here’s the link: https://alexisagoring.jimdofree.com.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Charlotte Daily? Contact me at email@example.com